- COVID-19: How banks have responded to the pandemic and implications for the future?
- Current challenges in banking operations
- Leveraging RPA technologies and operations transformation
- Agile methodologies & lean back office strategy
- Operational excellence and the impact on customer experience
- A strategic approach to cost efficiency in back office processes
SEE THE PREVIOUS SPEAKERS & CASE STUDIES
CONFERENCE TOPICS 2021
LOOK AT THE TOPICS THAT WERE DISCUSSED
Members of board, C-level, Senior/Global Vice Presidents, Directors, Heads of departments from banking industry involved in:
- Operations Support
- Operations Strategy
- Financial Markets Operation
- Fund Department – Operation Management – Fund Operations
- Derivatives Operations
- Trade Operations (Trading of Securities, Trade Confirmation and Settlement, Regulatory Compliance)
- Shared Services
- Lean Transformation/Lean Competence Centre
- Customer Operations
- Consumer Services
- Infrastructure Support
- Branch Support
- Global Operating Models and Smart Sourcing
- Organisation Department
- HR Operations
CASE STUDY / DAY 1
STRIVE for Perfection in Service Delivery
Danske Bank has developed continuous improvement into a way of management. The effort has been pivotal in delivering on strategic operations ambitions. The presentation tells the story of how customer delivery and continuous improvement is improved. It is all about striving for perfection. It is about managers who strive every day to improve delivery to customers, strive to improve processes and strive to develop people.
- What is the purpose and results?
- What is the STRIVE model? Operating rhythm, management capabilities and needed infrastructure
- How to learn and implement? Coaching at all management levels and go to gemba to learn
- How to sustain and further develop behaviour and performance? Accountability and use of regular assessments
CASE STUDY / DAY 1
BBVA Operations Transformation Journey
BBVA operations transformation strategy is being implemented through different programmes across BBVA footprint. We will share the vision and operational transformation main workstreams, as well as incoming challenges (including post-COVID-19 issues)
- Principles for operations factories
- Operations transformation programme
- Challenges and next steps
Eduardo Lazaro HERMOSILLA
CASE STUDY / DAY 2
Accelerating Digital Transformation at Scale
RBC has been quite successful in being able to keep up with changes in the market. While “transformation” has been around for a while, the accelerating pace of technological change is more creative and destructive in the financial services ecosystem today than ever before. Driving transformation in a large organisation with the size and scale of RBC’s has been a challenging and rewarding task. As an organisation, they have invested more than $20B in technology over the past five years to make sure they stay ahead of the curve and over time, they have been able to develop a muscle internally that can quickly adapt to change. They have taken a unique approach to transforming their culture, the technology investments they have made and how they serve clients.
- An overview of digital transformation in the financial services industry
- Introduce RBC and the impact it has on the global marketplace
- RBC’s digital transformation journey
- How did they do it?
- Culture, investments in technology and how they serve clients
- Demonstrate how they are enabling innovation for the future of banking
CASE STUDY / DAY 2
What Did COVID-19 Teach Us in NAM Operations in 2020?
The pandemic hit the Nordics in February 2020, with lock downs, uncertainty and remote working. The speaker will try to outline the learnings from this period and reflect on how they managed to retain both the back office efficiency and add to their scalability during this period.
- Business continuity planning: COVID-19 operational resilience
- Flexibility and transparency in leadership
- Employee engagement and how to “lean in”
Joakim CRONE VALENTINER
”Exceeded my expectations in terms of quality of presentations – various backgrounds from presenters and participantsOperations Group Leader, Senior Product Owner at Commerzbank